At Tourists (the “Company” or “we” or “us”), we care about protecting and respecting your privacy and want you to be informed about how we collect, use and disclose your data. By providing your data to us or by using this website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.touristswelcome.com (the "Website") or when you make a reservation, place an order, fill out a form, or provide us with your name, mailing address, billing address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, or any other personal information, and explains how we collect, use, maintain, protect, and, in some circumstances, disclose that information.
Certain information we collect will only be done with your consent, other information may be required in order to complete our contractual obligations or is necessary for us to operate the Website.
The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting our Website, how your browser is configured, and what information you provide to us. We collect and use your personal information differently than your non-personal information (information that is not identifiable to you personally).
“Personal Information” is information that can specifically identify you, including:
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- Bank account, credit card, or other financial information
We may also collect your IP address when you use our Website, which can in some circumstances be considered personal information.
In some instances, we de-indentify data by removing Personal Information. Once de-identified, the data is no longer attributed to a single unique individual. De-identified information is non-personal information that we may treat like other non-personal information.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our third-party service providers may collect Personal Information when you provide that information to us:
- When visiting this Website.
- When visiting our hotel or restaurant or using any of the services located there.
- When login into or using our wifi network.
- When you purchase items from us.
- Through other sources such as joint marketing partners; online travel/restaurant companies; booking engines; and other third parties working with us.
“Non-Personal Information” is any information about you that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
- Aggregated information
- Technical Data which may include browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other information about the devices you use to access our Website.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our Website.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Your Zip Code, Postal Code or Area Code when they are not connected to other Personal Information.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
We may collect certain information from you automatically when you access our Website. This information is collected in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Website functions properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: We may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to, among other things, track the actions of users of our Website (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses our Website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering our Website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may keep and use information, including personal information, we collect from you to:
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Send administrative information to you, such as information regarding your bookings and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- Complete and fulfill your booking or other purchases, including, for example, to process your payment, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service;
- Send you marketing communications if you have indicated that these would be of interest to you;
- Personalize your experience by presenting products, services, and offers tailored to you;
- Allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so please read such rules carefully;
- Facilitate social sharing functionality;
- Allow you to notify friends about bookings. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are authorized to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis; market research; surveys; customer satisfaction; audits; fraud monitoring and prevention; developing new products and services; enhancing, improving or modifying our services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities; and
- In any manner that we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We values the information we have about our customers, and are not in the business of selling it to others. We do occasionally need to share your information for the purpose of delivering the purchased product or service, to otherwise conduct business with you or to comply with legal obligations. For example, under certain circumstances, we may need to disclose collected personal information in order to:
- Fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, such as to arrange shipping of products to you or arrange reservations at our hotel or restaurants.
- Disclose to trusted third parties, who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential, to support our business, and to use it only for the purposes for which we discloses it to them.
- Comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Tourists, its employees, customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Provide the collected personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Website users and our customers is among the assets transferred.
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Comply with your instructions or, if allowed to do so, with your consent.
Travelers may disclose non-personal or aggregated, de-identified information about its users without restriction.
We may use third party services for things like making reservations, processing payments, or hosting data. It is our policy to only share Personal Information with service providers and other third parties who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to a third party when you ask us to do so or when we believe it is required by law.
We seek to use appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization, including: (a) ensuring ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services and (b) ensuring we can restore access to personal information in a timely manner if a physical or technical incident occurs. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we cannot ensure the security of the information that you transmit. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately contact us using details in the “Contacting Us” section.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT DATA COLLECTION
You can always choose not to input your information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of our services.
You can set your browser to block cookies, or erase our cookies from your computer, though doing so may prevent some aspects of the Website from working properly.
You can prevent data collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This places an opt-out cookie, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this (or other) websites. This opt-out cookie must be stored permanently on your computer. If you delete this cookie or it is deleted automatically via browser settings, you will have to install this cookie again when visiting our Website in the future.
We will retain your Personal Information only for the period necessary to provide you services including a reasonable period of time after services are provided for record keeping purposes. Processing is therefore necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
Our Website is not directed to individuals under the age of fifteen (15), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information on our Website. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 15, please contact us.
If you are a data subject covered by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or similar laws in other countries, you may have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information. Such rights may include the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You may also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also may have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. This enables you, or a third party you have chosen, to seek to have your Personal Information provided in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of these rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests in a timely manner. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. We may also need to contact you about your request to verify your identity, confirm certain information, or clarify the request before we can fulfill the request.
If you are data subject covered by GDPR or a similar law and would like to exercise these rights or otherwise have questions about your rights please contact us as detailed below.
ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
Certain data protection laws such as GDPR and regulations require that data only be processed if there is a specific legal basis for doing so. We process your data for the following reasons:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Information other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by selecting that option in communication of that type.
The Company is the controller and is responsible for your Personal Information.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any Sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through our Website or otherwise to us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Full Name of Legal Entity: Blackinton Operating LLC
Postal Address: 915 State Road, North Adams, MA 01247
Attention: Tourists General Manager, Colleen Rafferty
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Federal Trade Commission’s Consumer Protection Bureau. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach a data protection agency, so please do contact us in the first instance at email@example.com.
Tourists Core Values
Be Present. It’s always now here.
Elevate. We acknowledge our context in nature and work to elevate it to create a space that is artful, engaging, comfortable and deliberate.
Anticipate. We serve and nourish our guests and community by anticipating their needs.
Celebrate Local Spirit. We connect with and facilitate connection to our community.
Honor the Traveler. We honor the travelers of past, present and future. We support the sense of adventure, curiosity and vitality of our guests.
Intentional. We create a space and events that connect people, places, stories and ideas.
Be Timeless. Our land, its use, our materials and our business model are designed to endure the test of time.